Oxwall.com is going down. | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Help
mcMatt Moderator
mcMatt Jul 12 '18

I don't know if you are aware of it, Oxwall.com domain is expiring on July 15, 2018

What can I?

Backup all your plugins keys and theme keys. Download a copy of your plugins and themes.

We don't know if Oxwall's owner is going to renew the domain, if he doesn't then they should move the store and forum to another domain or it will be down forever.

How can I help? Share this topic to other Developers and Oxwall community.

What about my licenses?

Don't worry licenses will still be working.

The Forum post is edited by mcMatt Jul 12 '18
mcMatt Moderator
mcMatt Jul 12 '18

Both steps are optional. If you have all your plugins and themes installed, then you are safe (unless somebody hack your server or deletes them without your permission). License keys are stored in your website's database.

License keys saved in plain text for backup is ok. PDF file is ok too.

We don't know for sure if you are going to need it, it is just in case.

Dave Member
Dave Jul 12 '18
I have heard from a respected source that the oxwall domain will be renewed on the 15th, it is set to automatic every year which is why they have not done so yet.  

The Forum post is edited by Dave Jul 12 '18
Dave Member
Dave Jul 12 '18
Here is an email to verify it will be renewed. 

The Forum post is edited by Dave Jul 12 '18
Dave Member
Dave Jul 12 '18
I did not mean to give out that email address, if you notice i replaced that image above and took out their address.  I dont want spammers to get that address, so write it down please but then remove your quote please, or delete your comment and requote please.  Thanks
Dave Member
Dave Jul 13 '18
TY ghost  
Dave Member
Dave Jul 16 '18

For those of you worried about Oxwall going dark, the domain has been renewed for another year.   I was informed that this is automatically done every year on the 16th of July. 

Here is the current whois data  

Updated Date: 2018-07-16

Registrar Expiration Date: 2019-07-15

Dave Member
Dave Jul 16 '18
Ghost- i have been watching the domain, it never went down at all, so dont worry about your SEO in that regard.  Also it appears that Oxwall Germany is now trying to get the forum back in order. Maybe next they will update the blog with a post as well, who knows.   It has been unattended for some time so please give them time to get things back in order. 

Also so that others can understand your post, please edit your post and specify DA and PA meanings. Some people may not know what those are.   It is common practice to always use the FULLNAME(abbreviation) format in the beginning of a text then you can use just the abbrev after that point.

Dave Member
Dave Jul 16 '18
What does PA and DA stand for?  That is all i wanted to know :)
Dave Member
Dave Jul 16 '18
I agree with you 100%  (OMG can you believe that - shocking!! lol)    However dont hold your breath, you may never get that. If they return fully they will most likely just pick up the ball and move forward as if nothing happened.  That is the way (sadly) alot of software projects do things now.   If we do get an explanation of some kind or an apology then that would be a plus but dont expect it.  

Also we all know your not going anywhere, what other choice do you have, not many... You are not going to pull the plug on oxwall, inconvenience your users and have to reconfig and redo a brand new site with a new software.  Unless Oxwall or OWengine or some other fork all go dark and you have no choice, you will be here till the cows come home.   It is like that for many, even if they did leave they come back eventually. 

So lets see what happens in the comming weeks... :)

The Forum post is edited by Dave Jul 16 '18
Dave Member
Dave Jul 16 '18
The Oxwall German is just moderating the oxwall forum for now and will try to keep it clean.  The rest is up to the owners.  Just report spam when you see it please and it will help a bunch.