Brainstorming | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » OWENGINE CMS » Core Features
Alexander Developer
Alexander May 13 '18

What do you consider this software should include?

Our main goal is to have the best core for any scenario (Static Website, News Website, Social, Dating, Store, etc). Ideas should be for general purpose, so every type of website should be benefited with this features or changes.
There is a lot of ideas that are just for a specific scenario or a specific niche, that ideas are good too but It may be better to publish them in Plugins and Themes Requests topics

It doesn't matter how simple or big the idea may seem, sometimes big ideas can't be done in plugins because there is missing pieces in the core, if the idea can be done with a new plugin, we may help to add all needed pieces in the core to make it work.
Chris Member
Chris May 13 '18
A decent editor, in place of the basic text based editor. But making sure it doesn't do what the editors like "Cool CKeditor do, which is destroy any script that you have inserted into the page.

Are there any plans to add the "alt" tag to images?

The Forum post is edited by Chris May 14 '18
Jake | JBTech Member
Jake | JBTech May 24 '18
OWEngine should try to be an alternative version of Oxwall; not just core but it's base plugins and other base files as well. It's nice there are core updates, but Oxwall is stagnated and everyone wants to have multiple changes made, not just core functionality. Of course, volunteer and open-source/github would definitely help turn OWEngine into such a alternative.
Alexander Developer
Alexander May 28 '18
According to Chris and Lee ideas, this may be implemented:
- Alt tags on images
- Better Editor

Jake, you say "everyone wants to have multiple changes made" can you be more specific on what changes?
The Forum post is edited by Alexander May 28 '18
Jake | JBTech Member
Jake | JBTech May 29 '18

This should sum up what I mean - https://oxwall.uservoice.com/forums/13756-ideas-for-oxwall

This isn't me trying to say your team should shoulder all of these suggestions and do this all freely and out of the kindness of your hearts, but rather owengine would be great if we could have more inclusiveness to work on the core of it (including plugins, themes, and other functionality and not just the core folder), so we can actually change the software up, and not just be "Oxwall but with some differences in the core."

Alexander Developer
Alexander May 29 '18
All of those ideas from Uservoice are great, with help of the community we can make it happen.

Yes Owengine Store will be ready before the App is ready.
I personally love the idea of a internal system to easy search and install plugins and themes, just like you said. We (the team) already talked about it a few months ago and this is going to be in our roadmap.

If you have more ideas, post them, this is an excellent opportunity for all members to make your voice count, once we publish our roadmap it will be hard to make changes in it.
SR Admin
SR Jun 6 '18
Our ROADMAP will be published on June 10, 2018.

Hurry up and post all improvements and/or bug fixes. 

Once we publish our roadmap it will be hard to change until further notice.

The time is now.

SR Admin
SR Jun 8 '18
This is the last call for more ideas or bugs you want us to fix, ROADMAP will be published soon.

Thank you all.

Steve Member
Steve Jun 8 '18
Integrate news feed, chat and groups into the core. 
SR Admin
SR Admin
SR Jun 18 '18
I will not give exact date for this Roadmap.

All I can say is we want to finish everything in this year. Giving updates every 1 or 2 months until we finish.Obviously if we have more support from the community (Donations or Developers help) we can finish before.

I have to thank the ones who already trust us. Thank you very much!

kathy godde Member
kathy godde Aug 3 '18

Je viens de jeter quelques idées qui sont parfois dans les plugins mais que je pense que serait mieux dans la base

par exemple:

- notification par email à l'administrateur

- avoir l'adresse IP des membres dans le profil

- revoir la gestion du genre (pour une structure de site de rencontres, la gestion des transsexuels, des couples, etc.) serait la bienvenue)

il y a aussi un petit bug avec le ftp quand l'hôte offre sFTP ou SSH

vous devez mettre www.site.com et non ftp: //...........com

mais sinon owengine fonctionne très bien je n'ai pas d'erreurs dans mes journaux

Chris Member
Chris Aug 17 '18
Quote from kathy godde

Je viens de jeter quelques idées qui sont parfois dans les plugins mais que je pense que serait mieux dans la base

par exemple:

- notification par email à l'administrateur

- avoir l'adresse IP des membres dans le profil

- revoir la gestion du genre (pour une structure de site de rencontres, la gestion des transsexuels, des couples, etc.) serait la bienvenue)

il y a aussi un petit bug avec le ftp quand l'hôte offre sFTP ou SSH

vous devez mettre www.site.com et non ftp: //...........com

mais sinon owengine fonctionne très bien je n'ai pas d'erreurs dans mes journaux

I just throw some ideas that are sometimes in the plugins but that I think that would be better in the base for example: - email notification to the administrator - have the IP address of the members in the profile - review the management of gender (for a dating site structure, the management of transsexuals, couples, etc.) would be welcome) there is also a little bug with ftp when the host offers sFTP or SSH you have to put www.site.com and not ftp: //...........com but otherwise owengine works fine i have no errors in my logs
John Member
John Aug 24 '18

I would like to see this issue resolved, though may be more of a newsfeed plugin issue than a core issue:

Original Poster's avatar replaced by avatar of person who commented or liked

The Forum post is edited by John Aug 24 '18